Innovative experiments on interworking and interoperability of SoftFIRE
From 2016-07-08 00:00:00 to 2016-09-06 00:00:00
SoftFIRE integrates European independent testbeds that are made available with a set of basic functionalities related to Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networking. The project is aiming at assessing three major characteristics that an NFV/SDN platform should support: interoperability with various functional elements, programmability of the offered functions and security of the entire framework. The federated infrastructure is devoted to experimentation / development of services and applications.
The first Open Call of the SoftFIRE project focuses on interworking and interoperability in order to assess the effort of the federated testbeds in creating a single environment for experimentation. It will be complemented by an InterOpTest, in which the Project Partners and few other invited third parties will show the results achieved so far.
The typical profile of participants is academics, industrial or SMEs active in the domain of NFV/SDN and 5G research and applications that need to run experiments to test, evaluate and optimize their solutions and applications.
Total Budget of the call is € 500,000 and maximum funding per proposal is € 50,000.
- Call deadline: 6 September 2016, at 17:00h CET (Brussels time).
- Notification of Acceptance: 30 September 2016.
- Excellence: Technical and Innovation Merit.
- Impact: Contribution to the creation of a SoftFIRE-based Ecosystem and Business Impact and considerations.
- Implementation: Practical Feasibility on SoftFIRE testbeds and Technical Soundness.